At Optelec, you’ll find a commitment to excellence among our employees; an emphasis on respect and quality in how we treat our customers and each other; and a dedication to “improving the quality of life of visually impaired and dyslexic people – reaching out with simple and effective solutions.”
In our commitment, Optelec offers full range of benefits to all our employees. As a company, we value our employees as our number one success factor in our ability to serve the Low Vision and blindness communities.
Optelec is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
For employment opportunity inquiries, please contact the Human Resources Department of the Optelec Headquarters in the Netherlands at +31 (0)88-678-3417 or send an email with your resume and motivation to CKR@optelec.nl.
Vispero is the world’s leading assistive technology provider for the visually impaired and owner of the brands AI Squared, Enhanced Vision, Freedom Scientific, Optelec, The Paciello Group and Interactive Accessibility. All the Vispero brands have a long history of developing and providing innovative solutions for blind and low vision individuals, helping them to reach their full potential.
Vispero has headquarters in both the US and in Europe. The US headquarters is in Clearwater, Florida and the European headquarters in located in Barendrecht, the Netherlands. We have a manufacturing hub in Huntington Beach, California and subsidiary offices worldwide. We are proud to operate in over 90 countries worldwide, with products localized in over 24 languages.
Senior Accessibility Engineer
At Vispero, you’ll be part of a global team enhancing solutions that make a difference in people’s lives. Vispero is the world’s leading assistive technology provider for the visually impaired and owner of the brands AI Squared, Enhanced Vision, Freedom Scientific, Optelec, The Paciello Group and Interactive Accessibility. All the Vispero brands have a long history of developing and providing innovative solutions for blind and low vision individuals, helping them to reach their full potential. The Senior Accessibility Engineer will help ensure accessibility of technology for people with disabilities and older users, with an emphasis on accessibility of Web technologies and guidelines, mobile accessibility, and native applications. The successful candidate must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and demonstrate the ability to prioritize and multi-task a variety of demanding assignments without a degradation of work quality.
- Excellent decision making and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Detail oriented with ability to pay attention to minute details for a project or task
- Self- motivated with the ability to multitask
- Ethical and can demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted
- Able to self-manage and work independently on projects
- Able to act as technical lead for project teams and co-ordinate team members
- Able to provide mentoring, training and quality assurance for junior engineers
- Able to work to deadlines within the project time allocated
- Accountable to accept responsibility for your actions
- Reliable, dependable and trustworthy
- Honest with integrity
- Team Player
- Takes initiative, driven
- Able to independently perform accessibility audits of web pages, desktop applications, and mobile apps, using accessibility testing tools and assistive technology products
- Write up audit reports, describing accessibility issues and recommendations for resolving them
- Write VPATs
- Able to mentor and train new hires and junior members in the team so they understand service methodology and work to a consistent standard
- Provide quality assurance on projects and provide feedback to junior team members
- Facilitate and lead on internal projects that support organizational objectives
- Engage in rapid prototyping in support of research and standards developments to evaluate potential technical solutions
- Co-ordinate and lead other team members to find the best solution for the client
- Provide accessibility training to clients, on-site and off-site
- Answer accessibility related questions, through helpdesk tickets and client conference calls
- Provide accessibility support to developer teams, either through consultancy or through contributing code
- Keep up to date with latest developments in the field of accessibility and related standards
- 5 years accessibility experience
- Have in-depth knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Understand accessibility evaluation tools and methods
- Have working knowledge with the user requirements of people with disabilities and older users, with regard to accessibility of the web
- Effective working knowledge of accessibility verification tools, assistive technologies, and accessibility standards
- Experience with assistive technologies across multiple platforms, including screen readers, magnification, and read-aloud tools
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree/relevant
Job Type: Full-time
If you have a passion for excellence and want to work with an outstanding team of experts, working in an exciting, challenging, fast paced environment for the world’s leading assistive technology company, please send your resume to Careers@paciellogroup.com