At Optelec, you’ll find a commitment to excellence among our employees; an emphasis on respect and quality in how we treat our customers and each other; and a dedication to “improving the quality of life of visually impaired and dyslexic people – reaching out with simple and effective solutions.”
In our commitment, Optelec offers full range of benefits to all our employees. As a company, we value our employees as our number one success factor in our ability to serve the Low Vision and blindness communities.
Optelec is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
For employment opportunity inquiries, please contact the Human Resources Department of the Optelec Headquarters in the Netherlands at +31 (0)88-678-3417 or send an email with your resume and motivation to CKR@optelec.nl.
Vispero is the world’s leading assistive technology provider for the visually impaired and owner of the brands AI Squared, Enhanced Vision, Freedom Scientific, Optelec, The Paciello Group and Interactive Accessibility. All the Vispero brands have a long history of developing and providing innovative solutions for blind and low vision individuals, helping them to reach their full potential.
Vispero has headquarters in both the US and in Europe. The US headquarters is in Clearwater, Florida and the European headquarters in located in Barendrecht, the Netherlands. We have a manufacturing hub in Huntington Beach, California and subsidiary offices worldwide. We are proud to operate in over 90 countries worldwide, with products localized in over 24 languages.
IT Systems Support Specialist
Location: Optelec Nederland B.V. located in Barendrecht
OPTELEC NEDERLAND B.V. is part of the Vispero™, the world's leading developer and manufacturer of software, optical and electronic devices. Vispero™ improves the quality of life of people with visual impairments by providing simple and effective solutions. For our office in Barendrecht we are immediately looking for the following colleague:
- Experienced with Windows Desktop & Server OS and VMware environment.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively across organizational boundaries
- Ability to research and understand technical documentation
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of materials handled
About the job
- Provide installation, configuration, and technical support for user’s PCs, laptops, telephones, printers and other business tools. Ensures that employees can work smoothly and efficiently.
- Responsible for the management and maintenance of the IT related documentation and procedures.
- Advises on the use of IT tools for the optimization of the business objectives.
- Supports users in the interpretation and definition of information needs.
- Assesses IT-related projects and participates in the project group to successfully implement these projects and implement them within the organization.
- MBO plus or Associate degree.
- 3 years’ experience in a similar job.
- Good knowledge of the Dutch, English and German language.
- Accurate, systematic and targeted.
- Very communicative, both orally and in writing, in presentations, meetings, reports and contacts with internal and external clients.
- Able to work autonomously, set priorities and remain focused on objectives.
- Customer-friendly, service-oriented, and commercial attitude.
- Willing to work independently and in team environments.
- Willing to travel.
Interested in the above position, in a challenging and international high-tech environment? If you would like to work in an open and informal working atmosphere, please send your written application, including Curriculum Vitae, as soon as possible to email@example.com or visit our website www.optelec.nl.
Senior Accessibility Engineer
At Vispero, you’ll be part of a global team enhancing solutions that make a difference in people’s lives. Vispero is the world’s leading assistive technology provider for the visually impaired and owner of the brands AI Squared, Enhanced Vision, Freedom Scientific, Optelec, The Paciello Group and Interactive Accessibility. All the Vispero brands have a long history of developing and providing innovative solutions for blind and low vision individuals, helping them to reach their full potential. The Senior Accessibility Engineer will help ensure accessibility of technology for people with disabilities and older users, with an emphasis on accessibility of Web technologies and guidelines, mobile accessibility, and native applications. The successful candidate must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and demonstrate the ability to prioritize and multi-task a variety of demanding assignments without a degradation of work quality.
- Excellent decision making and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Detail oriented with ability to pay attention to minute details for a project or task
- Self- motivated with the ability to multitask
- Ethical and can demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted
- Able to self-manage and work independently on projects
- Able to act as technical lead for project teams and co-ordinate team members
- Able to provide mentoring, training and quality assurance for junior engineers
- Able to work to deadlines within the project time allocated
- Accountable to accept responsibility for your actions
- Reliable, dependable and trustworthy
- Honest with integrity
- Team Player
- Takes initiative, driven
- Able to independently perform accessibility audits of web pages, desktop applications, and mobile apps, using accessibility testing tools and assistive technology products
- Write up audit reports, describing accessibility issues and recommendations for resolving them
- Write VPATs
- Able to mentor and train new hires and junior members in the team so they understand service methodology and work to a consistent standard
- Provide quality assurance on projects and provide feedback to junior team members
- Facilitate and lead on internal projects that support organizational objectives
- Engage in rapid prototyping in support of research and standards developments to evaluate potential technical solutions
- Co-ordinate and lead other team members to find the best solution for the client
- Provide accessibility training to clients, on-site and off-site
- Answer accessibility related questions, through helpdesk tickets and client conference calls
- Provide accessibility support to developer teams, either through consultancy or through contributing code
- Keep up to date with latest developments in the field of accessibility and related standards
- 5 years accessibility experience
- Have in-depth knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Understand accessibility evaluation tools and methods
- Have working knowledge with the user requirements of people with disabilities and older users, with regard to accessibility of the web
- Effective working knowledge of accessibility verification tools, assistive technologies, and accessibility standards
- Experience with assistive technologies across multiple platforms, including screen readers, magnification, and read-aloud tools
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree/relevant
Job Type: Full-time
If you have a passion for excellence and want to work with an outstanding team of experts, working in an exciting, challenging, fast paced environment for the world’s leading assistive technology company, please send your resume to Careers@paciellogroup.com
Senior Poduct Engineer
We are seeking an experienced, detail-oriented Senior Product Engineer to join our team. In this position, you will play a key role in the overall success of our organization by leading and contributing to the design, development and launch of new Optelec products. You will be responsible for the development of the product roadmap and definition of specific products with respect to Hardware and Software.
- Leading and contributing to the design, development and introduction of Optelec products to manufacturing;
- Designing, developing, and testing software product features that will be included in new Optelec products;
- Align the Barendrecht engineering team and R&D employees in the US involved in contract R&D activities to the overall Optelec Hardware Product Program vision and objectives, working with leaderships across the business;
- Define changes to current Engineering and Product Development processes that enable a more effective implementation of key strategies;
- Work together with Operations, Contract Manufacturers, and ODM's to ensure Optelec products are designed for manufacturability and a smooth transition from engineering prototypes into manufacturing;
- Planning of the R&D activities to be performed in the Netherlands and the US for Optelec products;
- Measuring performance of the performed R&D activities in the Netherlands and the US for Optelec products;
- Steer the Product Development employees in Barendrecht and the R&D employees in the US involved in contract R&D activities for Optelec products;
- Responsible for maintaining the skills and bandwidth needed in the Barendrecht team and the R&D team in the US involved in contract R&D activities to meet objectives for Optelec products;
- Establish guidelines for hardware and software designs for Optelec products to ensure cost effective manufacturability of products;
- Responsible for ensuring that the Optelec products with high quality designs are completed and brought to market on time and on budget;
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful as a Senior Product Engineer you must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Software or Electrical Engineering, with more than 5 years of experience in a similar role. You have experience in managing/leading a team for product development. You are fluent in English. As a person you have leadership skills, good communications skills and you have strong project management skills. You can deliver under pressure and shift priorities. You are also a strong motivator and hands-on.
What you’ll get in return
The company offers a professional and pleasant work climate within an international company with excellent products and offers a competitive salary with good benefits.
If you have a passion for excellence and want to work with an outstanding team of experts, working in an exciting, challenging, fast paced environment for the world’s leading assistive technology company, please send your resume to CKraaijenbrink@vispero.com.