At Optelec, you’ll find a commitment to excellence among our employees; an emphasis on respect and quality in how we treat our customers and each other; and a dedication to “improving the quality of life of visually impaired and dyslexic people – reaching out with simple and effective solutions.”
In our commitment, Optelec offers full range of benefits to all our employees. As a company, we value our employees as our number one success factor in our ability to serve the Low Vision and blindness communities.
Optelec is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
For employment opportunity inquiries, please contact the Human Resources Department of the Optelec Headquarters in the Netherlands at +31 (0)88-678-3417 or send an email with your resume and motivation to CKR@optelec.nl.
Vispero is the world’s leading assistive technology provider for the visually impaired and owner of the brands AI Squared, Enhanced Vision, Freedom Scientific, Optelec, The Paciello Group and Interactive Accessibility. All the Vispero brands have a long history of developing and providing innovative solutions for blind and low vision individuals, helping them to reach their full potential.
Vispero has headquarters in both the US and in Europe. The US headquarters is in Clearwater, Florida and the European headquarters in located in Barendrecht, the Netherlands. We have a manufacturing hub in Huntington Beach, California and subsidiary offices worldwide. We are proud to operate in over 90 countries worldwide, with products localized in over 24 languages.
For our office in Groß-Umstadt (Region Frankfurt), we are urgently looking for an:
Assistant Controller Germany
The Assistant Controller Germany will report directly to the Controller Europe located in the Netherlands. You will be part of a high-performing team who is expected to lead, take ownership of your areas of responsibility, and ensure accurate and timely completion of the companies reporting requirements. You will work closely with the international Finance team, local accounting teams and company’s management. These functions include establishing and maintaining the company’s accounting policies and procedures, preparing accurate and timely monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements, managing the external audit process and maintaining data integrity in the company’s financial systems. The ideal candidate is one who collaborates well across multiple functions, explores and embraces opportunities for doing things in new ways and initiates, and/or supports, improvements in work processes to increase efficiency.
- Excellent written and oral communications in German and English
- Detailed oriented with ability to pay attention to minute details for a project or task
- Self- motivated with the ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative
- Motivated and quick learner able to work independently and as a team member
- Ethical and can demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards
- Performing accounting assistance where needed
- Take charge in the month end procedures
- Coordination of the external audit including but not limited to preparing supporting schedules and managing open items list
- Coordinate contact with the “Steuerburo” and other tax offices
- Critically review current accounting and reporting processes and identify ways to improve and automate
- Maintain intercompany schedules and work with appropriate parties to reconcile any differences
- Daily bank reconciliations
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of the company’s accounting policies, financial systems, transaction processes, internal controls and chart of accounts
- Critically review the company’s operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, or maintain solutions to business and financial problems
- Manage and perform ad hoc analysis or special projects as needed
- Analyse financial results
- Assist management in reporting and analytics
- Knowledgeable in German GAAP including ability to understand complex accounting processes and methodologies, US GAAP knowledge is a plus
- Strong IT skills and exposure to ERP systems, preferably Winline
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to perform well under pressure and meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong customer service mindset with the ability to communicate effectively and balance different stakeholder needs
- Excellent organizational ability and keen attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to changes in the workplace
- Ability to work independently and within a team to solve a problem or reach a goal Ability to work with different departments and hierarchies
- Ability and willingness to travel
- BS or BA Degree in Accounting or Finance (Accounting preferred)
- 3-5 years accounting experience, experience with inventory / manufacturing preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with intermediate to advanced-level Excel skills
- Winline experience a plus
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.